Do you feel like this world is broken, unsteady, confused, and darker than ever? If so, you are not alone. As followers of Jesus, He tells us that we are like a “city on a hill” and that we are the “light of the world.” Many times we allow the world around us to dim the light inside of us whether it be because we are distracted, overwhelmed, ashamed, or insecure. This is exactly where the enemy wants us to live. Every now and then we need to be reminded of who we are and what our ultimate purpose is. We know the Light of the world, therefore we have the privilege to illuminate this Light that lives inside of us. “Illuminate” simply means to make something visible by shining light on it; or to light up. We are coming together for one weekend to allow God to equip us and understand what it looks like to live in the Light.
Are you ready to be the light this world so desperately needs? Let’s do this together and see our world change for the better.
1. Where is the retreat located?Lakeview Camp & Retreat Center is located in Waxahachie, Texas. Less than an hour drive away. The address is 5128 FM 66, Waxahachie, Texas 75167.
2. What time is the retreat?Check in is at 3pm on Friday and Departure will be around 6pm on Saturday. This is an overnight event.
3. Will we be carpooling?You are welcome to drive there on your own or we will meet at the church at 2pm and leave from there. If you are not able to take your car we will make sure you have a ride. If you have room in your car please let us know.
4. Where do I register? You can register online at calvaryftw.com, through our mobile app, or in person in our church lobby.
5. When is the latest I can register? The deadline to register is Sunday, October 3rd. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS on this since we have to have final count to the retreat center. The sooner you register, the better it helps us plan! Please don’t wait if you don’t have to.
6. I would really like to attend but can’t fit it in my budget. Is there anyway I can go? Yes!! Please do not let the $140 fee keep you from going! Just let anyone on our team or at the information desk know that you would like to be sponsored. We have a generous church full of generous people that would love to be a blessing to you!
7. What are the accommodations?We will be staying in motel style accommodations with 2 queen beds. They will sleep 4 people to a room. Rooms will be on a first come first serve basis. We will not be assigning rooms. Rooms include the following amenities:
2 queen beds LinensPhoneVoicemailAM/FM alarm clock radioTVPrivate bath with tub/showerClimate controlComplimentary Wi-Fi
8. What kind of activities will be offered? Some activities include zip lining, volleyball, indoor pool, disc golf, hiking, fitness center, jumping pillow, and a climbing wall.
9. Will there be Spanish translation? Yes!! We will have all the messages translated by the use of audio headphones.
10. Will there be any live stream?Unfortunately, we will not be live streaming our services. Since we will be offsite, we won’t be offering any livestream.
11. Will there be childcare provided? No, we will not be providing childcare. However, if you are needing childcare we can put you in contact with a list of our teens that often help in this area.
12. Will I be able to get a refund if the retreat is cancelled due to COVID? Yes. If for any reason we have to cancel our retreat due to COVID, you will get a full refund.
13. Will there be any COVID restrictions? As of now, there will not be any restrictions. We will not be social distancing but you are more than welcome to wear a mask. This is subject to change should our State issue any mandates.
14. If I can only come one of the days, do I still have to pay the full price? At this time, the retreat center requires us to give full payment. However, if we reach the minimum amount of people they ask us to bring then we will be able to give a 50% discount.
15. Do I have to stay overnight? You do not have to stay overnight but the registration fee of $140 will still have to be paid in full.
16. What is the attire? We encourage you to dress comfortably. You may want to wear athletic clothes for the outdoor activities and bring a swimsuit if you would like to swim.
17. Will there be accommodations for those with food allergies? Yes. At the time you register, you will be asked about your food allergy and we will communicate with the retreat center.
18. Can I bring a friend? Absolutely!!! We would love for you to bring as many women as possible.
19. What age do I have to be to attend? You have to be 18 years of age or out of high school.